Assistant Managers are tasked with working closely with the location manager, other assistant managers, COO, and CEO to ensure smooth daily operations at The Escape Room USA and a 5-star experience for every guest.
General Duties include:
- Assisting the location manager in organizing, planning and implementing strategy, as well as day-to-day operations.
- Close communication (even when not onsite) with location manager, assistant managers, COO, and CEO through GroupMe to provide clear communication regarding rooms, repairs, customer service, and operations.
- Ensuring that company guidelines are followed.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Scheduling Escape Room Adventures over the phone and in-person.
- Close communication with Director of Sales regarding current booking procedures, promotions, and policies.
- Providing training to employees on Escape Room processes, check-in, and lounge.
- Delegating tasks to employees to ensure rooms and day-to-day operations run smoothly.
- Supervising, leading and motivating employees.
- Running Escape Rooms as needed.
- Preparing and serving drinks as needed in the lounge.
- Communicating with guests regarding TERUSA product and policies.
- Ability to convey the TERUSA product with high efficiency and attention to detail.
- Guiding and interacting with customers through all aspects of their Escape Room Adventure
- Monitoring customer satisfaction, as well as managing and resolving customer complaints (including reporting any issues to upper management immediately).
Job Requirements include:
- Positive attitude
- Good team player, working to provide a 5-star experience for every customer.
- Able to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Must have full availability (7 days a week, 52 weeks a year), including holidays.
- Must be on time for every shift and scheduled meetings.
- Must be in uniform as set forth by The Escape Room USA handbook.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism and enact necessary changes in order to be a better Assistant Manager.
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions as needed.
- Must be able to handle physical activity such as deep cleaning, standing, crawling, bending, lifting 20-40 pounds, etc. as needed for the job.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company policies and be guided by company's Core Values while at work.
- May be expected to stay late or come in early depending on the needs of the company.
Skills and Abilities include:
- Passion for Escape Rooms/entertainment experiences.
- Desire to provide a 5-star experience to every team and guest.
- Flexibility and teachability.
- Great communication skills (conversing with guests, management, and staff, as well as giving clear hints and instructions).
- Commitment to immersive atmosphere while running rooms.
- Outgoing personality.
Pluses (but not required):
- Prior managerial experience.
- Prior experience playing escape rooms.
- Prior experience in the customer service or entertainment industry.
- Theater, improv, and public speaking experience.
This position is full-time with expected hours each week will be approximately 40-50. Benefits for full-time employees include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) program, PTO, and competitive pay.