Adventure Guides provide a 5-star experience for guests both in and out of their Escape Room Adventures, emphasizing quality customer service, excitement for the Adventure, and a kindness to all.
General Duties include:
- Greeting each team member and assisting with the check-in process.
- Serving drinks and snacks in our lounge (if over 19).
- Preparing and serving drinks and snacks in our lounge (if over 21).
- Engaging groups of 2-14 people in conversation and explaining the rules and scenario of the game.
- Monitoring both gameplay and team's overall attitude to ensure our customers have a 5-star experience every time.
- Collecting the team in a timely manner at the end of their game and providing an upbeat outro and photo opportunity in the lounge.
- Correctly resetting Escape Room Adventure between rounds, cleaning when necessary.
- Reporting any issues in a timely manner to management.
- End of night cleaning (including escape rooms, kitchen, bathroom, lounge, etc.) and restocking.
Job Requirements include:
- Ability to sit for 60 minutes at a time without distractions while monitoring a group over video/audio surveillance.
- Dependable work ethic and commitment to attendance.
- Flexible schedule and/or ability to work nights and weekends.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism and enact necessary changes in order to be a better Adventure Guide.
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions as needed.
- Must be able to handle physical activity such as deep cleaning, standing, crawling, bending, lifting 20-40 pounds, etc. as needed for the job.
- Must be able to reset numerous locks, puzzles, doors, drawers, shelves, props, etc. both ACCURATELY and QUICKLY between rounds.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company policies and be guided by company's Core Values while at work.
Skills and Abilities include:
- Passion for Escape Rooms/entertainment experiences.
- Desire to provide a 5-star experience to every team and guest.
- Flexibility and teachability.
- Great communication skills (conversing with guests, as well as giving clear hints and instructions).
- Commitment to immersive atmosphere while running rooms.
- Outgoing personality.
Pluses (but not required):
- Prior experience playing escape rooms.
- Prior experience in the customer service or entertainment industry.
- Theater, improv, and public speaking experience.
Full-time and part-time positions are available. Benefits for full-time employees include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) program, PTO, and competitive pay.